Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Friday, October 07, 2005

A ridiculously good mood

I love it when I suddenly find myself in the middle of a mood so ridiculously good that nothing can harm me. It happened to me the other day, for no apparent reason. I was at uni, working on an assignment, which is definitely not the kind of thing that would usually make me feel ecstatic, but hey, when happiness comes over me, I’m never one to refuse. I got a couple of e-mails that were quite funny, but being in the mood I was, I found them absolutely hysterical and could not stop laughing for the rest of the day. I ended up ducking into the CD shop on my way to work later on and bought Bright Eyes’ masterpiece “I’m wide awake it’s morning”. Which is so beautiful that I was now most deeply convinced life was nothing less than pure gold. Conor Oberst sang “Yours is the first face that I saw, I think I was blind before I met you” into my ear and I grinned at the people walking past me so much that they looked confused. I wish I could catch that feeling and put it into my pocket and take a bite of it every time I like.

1 Comments:

Blogger Bettina said...

I'm just hating the fact that nobody left a comment on this post, so I'm commenting myself. Pathetic, yeah, I know. But I don't really care.

July 6, 2007 at 5:04 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home