Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Friday, September 08, 2006

In the morning, before things become real

















Self-portrait at 9am in the morning


Thought of the day

"The soul is dyed the colour of its thoughts. Think only those things that are in line with your principles and can bear the light of day. The content of your character is your choice. Day by day, what you do is who you become." Heraclitus

What a wise man he was, Heraclitus. Isn't it interesting how this was written some 2500 years ago, yet I feel like it is so relevant to me and my life now? I guess essentially, things don't change much. We are all children of the universe and somehow, we are all the same. Look after your souls, children, and bring good thoughts into the world.

Yeah, I'm feeling a bit melancholy today, but in a good way. It's really still outside and the air is full of promises. I like it.

8 Comments:

Blogger Ingrid Vestre Haram said...

Morning girl!

Didn’t I tell you to lie of that red wine before noon?

Just kidding… I recon you’re right! Those are good words and definitely something we should take onboard and remember!

Looking forward to more words of wisdom from the tiger =)

See you soon!

September 8, 2006 at 12:18 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I try never to think about Heraclitus before noon, but that is just me.

September 8, 2006 at 1:58 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I forgot to tell you how fabulous you look. Most followers of Heraclitus are not as attractive, esp at 9am.

September 8, 2006 at 2:01 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Ingrid, you know I can't stay away from alcohol. That's just the way I am. ;-)


Thanks Chris. I didn't know that followers of Heraclitus tend to be ugly, but I guess you'll always keep on learning.

September 8, 2006 at 5:07 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

My brain just exploded...it's 9 AM girl, stop with the Heraclitus quotes. Great picture though. What do you look like when you play dress up? Dang...
Smart, Good looking but has a slight drinking problem...Hmmmm let me see
//"Candy is dandy but liquor is quicker"// Ogden Nash
Works for me................try not to drink to much around Chris. You will start seeing dogs on his head.

September 8, 2006 at 11:00 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

C'mon Mystic, if you want to hang around my blog, you need to be able to handle Heraclitus at 9am in the morning. If that's too much for you, try having a glass of red wine first, that might do the trick. ;-)

And... I DO already see dogs on Chris' head! Is that a bad sign? Should I stop drinking?

Triple Trouble ladies: Thanks for dropping by- your new blog looks cool! I think I could do with a change of display picture- might follow your advice (although I have been told before not to listen to your advice...).

September 10, 2006 at 3:09 PM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

When did you start taking those drugs? What side effects have you come accross? Is it one of those clinical studies you've been selling your body for earlier?

September 30, 2006 at 8:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Bettina,

Thanks for dropping by at Diary...
You're so pretty and I like your lovely name.

cheers,
danny

October 27, 2006 at 3:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home