Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, May 20, 2007

You don't say!

You know I'm a sucker for funny headlines. I thought I might share a few today for your general amusement:


Include Your Children When Baking Cookies

Something Went Wrong in Jet Crash, Experts Say

Drunks Get Nine Months in Violin Case

Panda Mating Fails; Veterinarian Takes Over

War Dims Hope for Peace

If Strike Isn't Settled Quickly, It May Last a While

New Study of Obesity Looks for Larger Test Group

Astronaut Takes Blame for Gas in Space

Kids Make Nutritious Snacks

Local High School Dropouts Cut in Half

Safety experts say school bus passengers should be belted

Hospitals are Sued by 7 Foot Doctors




And here is one of my personal favourites:

10 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hahaha!!! You crack me up :D
The Tiger Woods' one is priceless, but the fact that kids make great snacks had me rolling on the floor too...

May 20, 2007 at 7:55 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

These are Funny...I wondered why Tiger was in a slump! You should mail them to Jay Leno,The Tonight Show. He puts them on his show.

May 20, 2007 at 9:46 PM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

Yes, maybe the Tiger's last name should be Woodie, if he spends his time in such ways....lol. But then sometimes you can't see the trees for the forest....
Thanks, Bettina, for the laugh - do this to us again please.

May 21, 2007 at 6:50 AM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

Poor Tiger...that must hurt!!!

May 21, 2007 at 9:36 AM

 
Blogger SJ said...

The best headline I ever saw was "Man Found Dead in Graveyard" :)

May 21, 2007 at 10:49 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Imogen- yeah, I love the one with the kids too- I wonder what they taste like?

Mystic- yes, that might explain Tiger's low form...

EM- I promise I will do it again soon, when I have new funny material.

Paulinha- I think he doesn't mind too much. :-)

SJ- How's that for something newsworthy...

May 21, 2007 at 4:43 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I've never thought of kids as a baking ingredient before, but now we can't smack 'em, we may as well cook 'em. lol!
Poor Tiger!

May 22, 2007 at 3:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lurved the Tiger Woods headline.
I can see him now- fiddling with them.

callie

May 23, 2007 at 3:22 AM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

I enjoyed them all:::smile:::

May 25, 2007 at 1:56 AM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

Love, that's a great post. Do have any more stuff on headlines? I've been hired by Kuoni to teach their writers how to do headlines. I have no fucking clue what to tell them.

May 27, 2007 at 10:07 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home