Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Monday, April 09, 2007

Say no to puppies and chocolate bunnies

I'm at uni. Studying, supposedly. It's Easter Monday and the rest of the world is out there having a grand old time being lazy and eating chocolate bunnies and running around with puppies and reading newspapers and having breakfast and laying on the beach and throwing barbecues and kissing each other in the park and generally being very bloody inconsiderate. Not that I mind, of course. I'm quite happy sitting in a stupid computer lab instead with only a few other poor freaks who convinced themselves that studying would be just the thing to do today. And I'm probably the only one who has to go back to full time work tomorrow while the other freaks can at least sleep in tomorrow. Yeah, ok, I'll admit it, I'm feeling sorry for myself today and I would appreciate if you would too. Especially you over there with the coffee and the newspaper and that ridiculously cute puppy. And you over there in front of the TV with the beer. Yes, I'm looking at you. I know this was my choice but let's not get too technical here, shall we? I'm sure you can spare a good thought for a poor girl like me.



The thing is, I'm waiting for them to release that new I-pod which can do my assignments. I'm sure someone is working on that idea, right? I mean, they can invent practically everything these days and computers, I-pods and mobile phones in combination can take care of almost every aspect of our lives. Fridges can even surf the internet now, so I'm sure it's only a matter of time until I-pods can do assignments. I really wish they would make themselves useful and hurry up with this one. I ain't got much time left until the next assignment is due.


9 Comments:

Blogger Chris said...

What?!? You study? I thought college students simply downloaded their papers these days?

April 9, 2007 at 11:00 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

iPod money on the fact they soon will be able to :)

April 10, 2007 at 9:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Poor Betts...I sympathise totally. Here am I on holiday and I'm house scrubbing!!!
Do they have an iPod for cleaning yet? Bring it on.

April 11, 2007 at 1:56 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

No iPod for cleaning, but they do have cleaning robots for sale. Perhaps you should consider one?

April 11, 2007 at 5:15 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I did enjoy my Easter Holiday. Took time off from work to celebrate with family. I'm sure that the cleaning was done by all though..Many hands makes light work. Study Hard and someday you can buy that robot...

April 12, 2007 at 2:23 AM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

April 12, 2007 at 4:00 PM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

B,
I really don't want to be a bitch, but now that I've left uni, I hope they don't ever create this Ipod... I'd be very, very jealous!!
They could maybe create an Ipod that cleans the house. I'd be up for it!!! And very happy too!!!

April 12, 2007 at 4:02 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Chris- yeah, I do study. I know, it's silly. But I'm old fashioned that way. ;-)

SJ- Hihi- nice one.

Aggs- I'll get one of those iPods for sure. Great idea!

Chris- Cool- bring on the cleaning robot. Hopefully he'll be good at doing assignments as well. And he might be able to fill in for me at work?

Mystic- Glad you had a good holiday. I'm saving for that robot already.

Paulinha- Ok, let them create an iPod that cleans the house for you and one that does assignments for me. Sounds like a fair deal to me! I'll even help your iPod clean the house with the time I save not having to do assignments... :-)

April 12, 2007 at 6:37 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Still waiting on the release of the tele-transporter, myself...
(Yep, I'm just back from yet another trip...)

April 30, 2007 at 2:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home