Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Thursday, June 14, 2007

Wine, wine, wine. And also some wine.

Well, I hit that exam on the head with a hammer on Saturday and knuckled it down until it was lying on the floor crying and begging for forgiveness. I looked at it with a mean smile and said, well, you should have thought about this earlier. Maybe some consideration would have been nice, but instead you have been nothing but evil. Now it's too late. Then I spat on it, left the building, grabbed three friends and hit the road for a girls' weekend away. Thank God that semester is over.

We were off to Stanthorpe, the wine capital of Queensland, which by coincidence also happens to be the capital of the freezing cold weather. The weekend was legendary. Imagine one energetic Brazilian, one hilarious Malaysian, one crazy Peruvian and one, well, slightly insane Swiss and a car called Froggy, all on a mission to have one hell of a good time. Not so sure about poor Froggy who was a bit short on breath and low on oil at times, but the rest of us certainly had a ball. Throw some winery tours into the equation, tons of good food, lots of beanies, scarves and warm coats, some random singing and some very strange dancing, lots and lots of red wine and a bit of rum and you get the idea.

After a time of great insanity and inhumane amounts of work, a weekend of freedom and fun with the girls was just what the doctor had ordered for me. My lips were permanently stained from the red wine, my stomach muscles were sore from all the laughing and the happy smile remained on my face even when I slept. Whereever we went, we were greated by welcoming people- even the dogs were friendly and would spin around in circles and dance for us. We let the good times roll and the wine flow- and here are some pictures for show and tell.



Beautiful.




Beautiful.




Beautiful.



Wine...




More wine...




And some more wine...




Me and the blackies- I never realised how white I am.




Braving the cold in our winter gear. Thank God we're naturally hot.




Although... sometimes even that didn't help.




Thank God the wine never failed to warm us up.




Unfortunately, the photos of our late night wine orgy need to be censored. I know you want to see them and they are hilarious, but unfortunately, it's not possible. Sharon would kill me. Sorry... better luck next time.

11 Comments:

Blogger Callie said...

*laughs*

I so need to meet you...And your not that white...*Powder* now he was white.

loving you
callie

June 15, 2007 at 1:53 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

So unfair not to share all your photos...but it sometimes keeps the peace. See you when I get back from my road trip

June 15, 2007 at 3:15 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Callie- yeah, I think we would get on like a house on fire! And, hahaha, thanks for the reassurance but look at me with the blackies! I AM white! Which is ok. Any colour is fine.

Mystic- Oh, I think I'm sharing a fair bit here. But I don't want to cross the line with my friends... Have fun on your road trip! Sounds awesome!

June 15, 2007 at 10:39 AM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

Hey B,
Tell me about this weekend, huh?? Great haven!!!
But just for your readers, if they want to have a look at the photos of the private party we threw in the motel only for the four drunk heads (the photos you censored), please feel free to have a look at my blog. You drink and you pay.... I had no mercy with the drunk heads... hahahahahah!!!
Fabulous weekend!!!

June 15, 2007 at 1:22 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Cool ... I lurv Road trips that include lots of wine and laughter and good friends. Just what you needed to wind down with.

June 15, 2007 at 3:55 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Paulinha- I was just trying to protect poor Sharon. Obviously you don't! :-)

Aggs- Exactley. I could easily do this every weekend.

June 15, 2007 at 5:01 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,
Glad you nailed your exam and had some well deserved fun (+wine)!
The pics are amazing :)
Make me wanna go away on a little break myself...

June 15, 2007 at 7:59 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

So I'm just wasting my breath when I look out my window and say the sky is blue today. My GAWD is that sky Blue. Good for you to get out and have some fun with the girls...why I think that is what my Doctor is ordering for me too. :::smile::: (oh honestly it's more like lose weight and eat better...damn!)

June 15, 2007 at 10:59 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Imogen- Come along to the next girls' wine tour if you need a break! Nothing better for it.

Jerry- You think the doctor is ordering you to go out and have fun with the girls too? Mhhmm, interesting doctor. Bet you like going to see him.

June 18, 2007 at 9:38 AM

 
Blogger Lélly Abranches said...

I wish I was there with you guys!!
It looked so fun!! And the wine drinking... It's so us!!
Beijos linda

June 19, 2007 at 1:35 AM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

Is that where we bought that stupid cheese last time? There was wine, I remember that. Remember when we tried to get dinner at 8 and they all thought we were mental to eat that late?

Hold on, did you write «blackies»? Gosh, you're like so racist, bitch.

June 20, 2007 at 6:17 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home