Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Friday, June 01, 2007

She thinks she's, like, sooo funny and stuff

Speaking of me being hilarious. I cracked myself up last night (again- I know. All that laughing has GOT to stop). I'm actually not particularly funny, from a general point of view, but I'm kind of goofy sometimes and I make myself laugh. And that's the main thing. Never mind you people out there, you can make yourself laugh or you can join in on one of my lame jokes if you wish. And they go a little bit something like this.

My friend Tristan, who is actually genuinely funny, but I don't usually tell him that because, you know, we don't want to make the boys vain, sent me a text message last night. It was something random (his messages are always random) and then he threw in, just to make me jealous, that he was drinking a bloody 1984 or whatever the hell it was port. Because we both love wine and he thought it was funny to mention that he was living it up while I was studying. I replied something to the effect of: "Good for you. I'm drinking too, by the way. A 2007 Peppermint Tea. Sophisticated structure, with an exuberant nose of goose berries and hints of crisp minerals, leather, peach and pencil shavings. Surprisingly persistent finish.”

I couldn’t stop laughing. I’m so funny.

9 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Funny! Weird?
Pencil shavings??? in your peppermint tea ... hmm, quite like the sound of that. Can you choose between sharp or blunt?
I hope all the joking doesn't "lead" you astray!
Have a great weekend!

June 1, 2007 at 5:54 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Aggie has been hitting the sauce too...All these jokes...Girls I think someone spiked your tea.

June 2, 2007 at 12:21 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

I need to hook up with you at some point in my life. Wine tasting with you and studying the do's and don'ts of fashion just compells me to *Get my Lern On*...

PS. I do expect a diploma also!
callie

June 2, 2007 at 1:17 AM

 
Blogger DrunkenNoodleBreakfast said...

I'm so glad there's wine nerds just like me out there. Me and a friend started tasting wine when we were 16. We had note cards on each one. He's the type that would call me to tell me he was drinking a 1984 port.

June 3, 2007 at 3:50 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Aggs- not only do they come in sharp and blunt, but you can also have them in HB, B or 2B. I personally quite like HB pencil shavings.

Mystic- Someone spiked my tea? Ahhh... that would explain a lot.

Callie- That would be so much fun! And if you study with me, you'll be a certified wine addict in no time.

Sol- Cool- you're on my team for the wine nerds! And you can bring your friend along too.

June 3, 2007 at 10:45 AM

 
Blogger Lélly Abranches said...

Surprisingly persistant finishing. That's hilarious!!! I forgot to ask if he answered to this text!?
Still, in my opinion, nothing beats the: oily salmon and cat pee in my freaking Sav Blanc..haha
By the way, I haven't met Gant but you've met grant!!
Random, random, random...haha

June 3, 2007 at 11:57 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

update....I'm missing you!

June 6, 2007 at 4:03 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Was it an expensive tea?

June 6, 2007 at 5:09 PM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

Yeah, you're really funny.

June 8, 2007 at 7:12 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home