Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, October 28, 2007

Come into my arms, sweet freedom


That's right. It's Saturday night past midnight and I'm at home, studying. And last night was Friday night (quite surprisingly, actually) and I was also at home, studying. This is how much my life sucks at the moment. To be fair, nothing else really sucks, apart from the studying, but I feel the situation demands some dramatisation and the studying simply sucks so badly that I have no words to describe it. I know, I usually always have words to describe stuff, but this is how serious the situation has become. My eyes, just in case someone is interested, are so tired and sore that I need to tilt my head slightly to the side and back a bit with my arms stretched to reach the keyboard and squint my eyes if I want to see what I type. Surely that's not normal. I don't know about you, but I feel sorry for myself.

Having said that though, there is some good news. I only have one week left of my degree and then it's all over. All over! And once it's all over, I'm going to make up for all the suffering and pain. Big time. So to all you people out there who at this very moment are having a grand old time and are carrying on and drinking Gin and Tonics and dancing on tables and cooking lobster and skinny dipping and laughing this stupid loud laugh and feeding each other chocolates and are just generally having a disgustingly good time while I'm studying, to all you people I would like to say one thing. Tonight I might be studying and let you have all the Gin and Tonics and do the dancing on tables. But wait until I'm back next week. You better have a few disco naps now and get ready for it, because I will be partying like there's no tomorrow and you better be up for it. And I won't stop until the sun comes up and then I still won't stop. And if you can't keep up with me I will have no mercy because it's your fault for having a good time while I suffered. Oh, sweet freedom, I can already taste it. It tastes like.... vanilla.... raspberry vodka... Swiss chocolate... paradise... and all things nice.

8 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Sorry that we are not able to join you in your celebration but let us be the first to wish you all the joy and happiness that comes with GRADUATION...and citizenship. If you want to celebrate until the wee hours, you go right ahead and have a blast but remember...take a good friend along to share the memory, take pictures to place in the scrap book and lift a glass to your folks who made you such a wonderful person...

October 28, 2007 at 2:25 AM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

I wanna party with you!!! .....

Party with me Bettina... Two drinks and lap dances are free. :D

hahaha

October 28, 2007 at 11:13 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yay, it's sooooo exciting. Once you graduate, no more studying,just partying for the rest of our lives. Oh that's right, and approximately 30 years of work. Turning up every day, being abused by boss's who have half your intelligence and double your salary. Constant disappointment, frustration and mind numbing boredom. I'm depressed now.

Once again though, beautifully written, insiteful, witty, eloquent blog from you. At least I have had some joy so far today. See I can be genuine in my praise.

October 29, 2007 at 10:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sweet Freedom indeed Betts! Good for you for sticking at it throughout all the temptation of the constant partying and good times by the rest of us ... (btw how come I didn't know I was enjoying myself so much? It's simply a blur! Go figure!)
Next week will be YOUR TIME ... have yourself a ball and BIG HUGE congratulations to you. Well done!

October 29, 2007 at 11:01 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Being all very proper and responsible is well and good, but it sounds like you *definitely* need time to party!
Um... Thanks for the warning.
Congratulations, by the bye, on completing your studies. That's awesome.

October 30, 2007 at 3:15 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

Bettina,

I am soooo proud of you! Yes you are tired my friend, but you have taken and accomplished such an honored task! Ms. Edumucation with a nice paper in a glass frame. *smiles

You are awesome! Hang tuff.
callie

October 30, 2007 at 4:11 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mystic- Oh thank you! And while you're at it, raise a glass to your own folks too who made you a pretty cool person too!

K8- Oh hello hot stuff, look at you- I wasn't even asking for that much! But alright, I'll have a lap dance, thanks. :-)

Anonymous- Thank you, that was much better. I actually believe you this time.

And as far as the work is concerned, I already work full time now, so having only the full time work will be quite nice actually.

Aggs- You didn't know you were enjoying yourself that much, were you Aggs? Well, you do now! So you better make the most of it.

Thanks Sera, yes, I urgently need to party. I simply must. The time has come.

Callie- You crack me up. Hugs from Ms. Edumucation!

November 1, 2007 at 11:41 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Definite light at the end of the tunnel, celebrate accordingly when the time comes.

Cheers

November 3, 2007 at 9:59 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home