Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, October 05, 2008

If Sarah only knew what exactly a vice president does.

I'm grateful to Sarah Palin who seems to do her best to keep us entertained with her stupidity. Now that we will have to say goodbye to George Bush, who can also not form a proper sentence, Sarah Palin steps in and shows the world that ignorance is not only frustrating for those who are subjected to it, it can also be rather funny. Here are some of my favourite examples.

“It kind of cracks me up. It is so far out of the realm of possibility and reality.” On the prospect of becoming a candidate for vice president, August 14, 2008, Financial Post

"I have not, and I think if you go back in history and if you ask that question of many vice presidents, they may have the same answer that I just gave you." After being asked if she had never met a foreign head of state, despite the fact that every vice president in the last 32 years had met a foreign head of state prior to taking office, ABC News interview, Sept. 11, 2008

"As for that VP talk all the time, I'll tell you, I still can't answer that question until somebody answers for me what is it exactly that the VP does every day?" Interview with CNBC's "Kudlow & Co", July 2008

"As Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where– where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border." Explaining why Alaska's proximity to Russia gives her foreign policy experience, interview with CBS's Katie Couric, Sept. 24, 2008

“They’re our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.” On her foreign policy insights into Russia, ABC News interview, Sept. 11, 2008

"I've been so focused on state government, I haven't really focused much on the war in Iraq." Interview with Alaska Business Monthly, March 2007

"But ultimately, what the bailout does is help those who are concerned about the healthcare reform that is needed to help shore up our economy. Um, helping, oh — it’s got to be all about job creation too. Shoring up our economy, and putting it back on the right track. So healthcare reform and reducing taxes and reining in spending has got to accompany tax reductions, and tax relief for Americans, and trade, we’ve got to see trade as opportunity, not as a competitive, um, scary thing.” Interview with CBS’ Katie Couric.

"Perhaps so." When asked if America may need to go to war with Russia because of the Georgia crisis, ABC News interview, Sept. 11, 2008

"I'm the mayor, I can do whatever I want until the courts tell me I can't.'" Quoted by former City Council Member Nick Carney, after he raised objections about the $50,000 she spent renovating the mayor's office without approval of the city council

"Nucular." Mispronouncing the word "nuclear" twice, ABC News interview, Sept. 11, 2008

"It's great to see another part of the country." On campaigning in Pennsylvania, Aug. 2008

And here is a look at Sarah Palin's Facebook page (click on the picture for a bigger version):

23 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lol! (No offence to our dear "brainy Betts") but I'm only surprised she is not a natural blonde! God help America.

October 6, 2008 at 11:47 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Crazy stuff. Crazy stuff.

October 6, 2008 at 12:36 PM

 
Blogger Larry said...

Try living here. I'm not sure I trust either candidate or party. I know if McCain wins, it will be business as usual. I don't want business as usual. I'm afraid if Obama wins, we will move a lot closer to communism than we ever have before, he is so liberal. We need change, but, how far is too far. Biden and Palin are just props for the main candidates. The VP just needs to smile, nod, and learn how to say things in foreign languages when they are about to meet heads of state and foreign dignitaries. Palin might need to learn English first. Although, if, God forbid McCain were to win and then somehow die in office, that is an even scarier proposition than Obama, by far. Phew, (insert sarcastic voice here) I love politics. And I have to actually figure out which way to vote in a few more weeks.

October 6, 2008 at 2:21 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Politics sucks. I like to stay far far away from it. My parents scared me with their very different views and bickering when I was young.

*Shiver*

October 7, 2008 at 3:46 AM

 
Blogger Avshar said...

Actually there has been a decided lack of intellect in politics for around 50 years or so. I am not going to vote for anyone from either of the two main party's this time around. I am so sick of having to vote for the lesser of two evils i am just not going to do so this time. Neither party's candidates are worth the energy it takes for me to type this out. It will not matter who wins this time around. This country is finished.

October 7, 2008 at 4:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i hope sarah palin stays around after the election. i like her 'down home' style, which makes for good sound-bites and comedic material.
at least she isn't boring.

October 7, 2008 at 4:53 AM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

lucky you - you don't vote in these matters - lol. Sometimes you simply only have the hand you have been dealt - that was another senseless quote anyone can use to excuse their current situation.
You should begin writing a book on "Palinisms" - lol. But that would only be necessary if she wins...

October 7, 2008 at 5:28 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

As an aspiring journalist you must maintain your political neutrality. As the media is despised here in the States, one would suggest you might form your opinions into questions. This is done because the Woman you are mocking is a deadly shot and eats Moose for breakfast. She shoots first and ask for your opinion second...maybe. The real questions needed to be asked concern the Economy (World), the Social Order inpacts if it fails, and the Political Order effects because of all this disorder. I firmly believe $800 Billion is only a bandage. The house of cards is about to collapse, world wide! You may need a friend who knows how to hunt.

October 7, 2008 at 9:00 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...Can't seem to settle on a favorite :lol:

Seriously, though, thank God she exists or else McKane might actually have held on to his earlier advantage :roll:

October 7, 2008 at 3:24 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

[Mispelling totally intentional, btw]. Hope nobody takes offense ;)

October 7, 2008 at 3:52 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am seriously worried these 2 idiots will get elected

October 7, 2008 at 6:27 PM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

I just wrote about elections in Brazil, what a coincidence! I have to say it's way worse here than America, I reckon. Politicians are the same all over the world; they are weird. The difference though, is how the countries allow them to govern. I mean, most countries fight, argue with the head of the state if they disrespect the nation. Here in Brazil, everything is allowed, unfortunately. It doesn't mean though, most citizens are doing the right thing when they go against their politicians, and sometimes, they act very stupid when they agree with them, eg. support to Iraq stupid war!

October 8, 2008 at 3:36 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

if sarah palin gets elected, the moose might become our national symbol and people will mistake usa for canada. how cool is that?

October 9, 2008 at 5:48 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

oh! i didn't know a vice president actually did anything. i thought they were like 6th grade homeroom alternative representatives, in case the real representative got the mumps and had to stay home watching tv.

October 10, 2008 at 2:27 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

*Twit means what in wikipedia? Oh gee lookie here, her photo is posted.*

she annoys me like a thong 5 sizes to small.

lurve ya
callie

October 10, 2008 at 6:33 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

Aggs- No offence taken, Aggs. I do have my blond moments too. But I dare say they are not nearly as blond as hers. And plus, I'm not running for VP.

Ace- Tell me about it.

Larry- I'm for Obama all the way. As far as I can see, the US needs all the change it can get. The Bush administration has pretty much destroyed everything now, so as far as I'm concerned, there is no such thing as too much change. Plus, no offence, but communism doesn't exist anymore, and I don't think there is any danger the US will go anywhere near something like it.

Blitheroo- I am interested in politics, but I would prefer it if it was actually about politics, rather than about throwing mud at each other.

Avshar- I'm sorry to hear you're so disillusioned. I actually think that there have definitely been at least some intellecutally interesting people in politics over the last 50 years. And I must say, I find Obama inspiring in a way I have not seen for a long time.

Sera- Well, she's certainly not boring, that's for sure. But when I don't have the energy to laugh about her, she does drive me insane.

EM- I would like to vote in these matters if I could. But maybe it would only frustrate me more then- because it would still feel there's nothing I could do.

Mystic- I know you're not all serious my friend, but two things: I'm not an aspiring journalist, I'm a journalist! And maintaining political neutrality is important, but only when I'm at work, and also only when it is articles that are declared as news. If they are declared as opinion pieces or editorials, opinion is allowed.
But thanks for the other tip- I better find myself a hunter friend real quick now.

Imogen- Hahaha... McKane! Love it.

SJ- I'm a positive thinker all the way. I won't believe it before I see it.

Paulinha- Thanks for your comment, babe. I haven't read your post yet, but will. Lots of love linda, saudades!

Sera- Kind of cool, but kind of really not, at the same time.

And yeah, that's right- a VP in fact doesn't do anything apart from looking pretty and winking a lot.

Callie- Nice to see you here- you haven't been around for ages! She annoys me like a thong 6 sizes too small.
Lurv ya too.

October 10, 2008 at 7:04 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Bett,
If I stepped on your Professional Toes, I apologize. I will refrain from the use of the word ASPIRING in the future. Opinions as you know are like Arse holes, everyone has one, including me. To make up, I've added you to the blog once again... Have a great day.

October 10, 2008 at 8:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

sarah, sarah
the story of a young girl's strange, erotic journey from anchorage to washington.
too bad seinfeld isn't on anymore.

October 11, 2008 at 3:21 AM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

if old McCain and Sarah get in office and old McCain kicks off (not sure if he has 4 yrs left) then how screwed will we be???? "Seriously Fu*ked" and not the good kind either

October 11, 2008 at 4:06 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mystic- You didn't step on my toes my friend, and there is no need to apologise or make up for anything. We're cool. Extremely cool, actually. :-)

Sera- Hahaha... you crack me up. I would love to see what Seinfeld would do with her.

Jerry- I know, I know. Not even in an ok, that was average kind of way. In a very, very bad way.

October 11, 2008 at 4:38 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Once again, I'm agreeing with Sera. What a wealth of material for the comedians!

October 12, 2008 at 4:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

If I don't look at it that way, it's just too f@#$ing sad.

October 12, 2008 at 4:10 PM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

LOL
Looking at her view of experience of meeting people from other countries. I think she has to start blogging immediately, to get some experience of culture chocks and transnational interpersonality.

God, behind which ice-mountain did they find this woman? She doesn't even has as much sensuality, than she can intunate when she should keep here mouth quiet, and just wipe her eye-lashes. ;-)

October 13, 2008 at 4:45 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home