Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Friday, November 14, 2008

Lousy Reputation

I don't very often steal stuff, but I stole this from Mr Jones because I thought it was funny. I'm sure he won't mind. Basically, the idea is to put your MP3 player on random and use whatever song you get as an answer to the next question.

What does next year have in store for me?
Dog new tricks/ Garbage (that's right, I'll definitely intend to learn a few of those)

What does my love life look like? Man research/ Gorillaz (hahaha... I swear this came up randomly!)

What do I say when life gets hard? It's Jazz, Baby/ Rob Longstaff (And that's all that matters.)

What do I think of when I get up in the morning? Now I lay me down/ Rae & Christian (Because I'm such a lazy bastard)

What song will I dance to at my wedding? Brainy/ The National (Great song, but maybe just a touch too sad for a wedding)

What do I want to do for my career? Don't stop the rock/ Chemical Brothers (Not even at work. Damn straight.)

Favorite saying? Antichrist Television Blues/ Arcade Fire (Yeah baby, I'm dark. And weird.)

Favorite place? Mansard Roof/ Vampire Weekend (I can live with that.)

What do I think of my parents? How far/ Beth Orthon (Well, actually, not so far anymore now.)

Where would I go on a first date? King of the rodeo/ Kings of Leon (Definitely a bit different for a first date... but why not.)

Drug of choice? Atmospheric Beat/ Kerri Chandler (True, true)

How do I describe myself? Karma Police/ Radiohead (Hahaha... I can be like that, I admit it.)

What is the thing I like doing most? Slow walking/ The Avalanches (That's a lie. In fact, I can't stand people who walk really slow and take up the whole sidewalk.)

The song that best describes the president/prime minister? Pony/ Morcheeba (Well, if we're talking about the US- the last one wasn't quite cute enough for a pony and the next one is a bit too smart.)

What is my state of mind like at the moment? Puppet on a string/ The Hives (Sure... I'm a loser baby, so why don't you kill me.)

How will I die? Mental/ Eels (Yeah... thanks a lot)

Song they'll play at my funeral? Funky Shit/ The Prodigy (Love it! Remember it, people.)

What song will I put as the subject? Lousy Reputation/ We are Scientists (Thanks to you, Mr Random Generator)

19 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

I don't have a MP3 will a reel to reel do?

November 14, 2008 at 11:22 PM

 
Blogger Zee said...

das isch daen dr hit!
I had to smile through the whole list. Good questions, funny random placements!

November 14, 2008 at 11:50 PM

 
Blogger Larry said...

Man research...hehehe. Great song, but if you love life involves killing models from your door, I've got to get to Switzerland and warn people off.

"To kill the model from my door, From my door, From my door, yah yah yah yah yah yah yah la la la..."

November 15, 2008 at 12:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

haha that's funny.
of course, you can always make the case that nothing in this world is random.
the fact that i didn't have any blueberries for my cereal this morning is because six months ago i left my jacket at the airport in kansas city and i can't find my earrings (they *have* to be in the house somewhere, unless i accidentally threw them out).
if i were a boy, i would turn off my phone, tell everyone it's broken so they'd think that i was sleeping alone 'if i were a boy' by beyonce

November 15, 2008 at 1:12 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I stole it from Angsty, so no worries :D

But slow walking lets you see th scenery :)

November 15, 2008 at 1:19 AM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

people who walk really slow - well, you know, royalty never gets in a hurry - have you ever seen the Queen rush? She never will - so those people sauntering along the sidewalk are European royalty, and you didn't even recognize it.... botz...

November 15, 2008 at 3:30 AM

 
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

Better watch out for those killer mental eels!

Think I'll try this tomorrow when I should be doing my homework!

November 15, 2008 at 5:56 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mystic- You can always try.

Zee- Danke schön... immer guet, wämmer chan es lächle us öpperem usehole.

Larry- Yes please, do warn the people in Switzerland about me. For their own sake, do it.

Sera- Oh Sera, you are undoubtedly the queen of random. But your random always makes sense. Which, I guess, makes it not random.

SJ- You're right, Mr Jones. But not on the sidewalk, when some people behind you would like to get on with their day.

EM- Damn, I really didn't realise that. I'll get an autograph next time.

Mindsprite- Yeah, as far as I see it, the killer mental eels are out to get me.

November 15, 2008 at 9:41 PM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

hi hi
this was really amusing to read :-D
Tnx Beauttina!!

November 15, 2008 at 10:41 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh that's cool :)
Won't steal it, though. Promise...

November 16, 2008 at 8:07 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you on the slow walking thing. I get pedestrian road rage.(we need help;-D)
I don't have an mp3 player. How about "Shuffle" on Windows Media Player? This sounds fun in a goofy sort of way, or vice versa.

November 17, 2008 at 8:24 AM

 
Blogger Zee said...

Bettina was machs eso eigentlich? Your back in Switzerland, but why????

November 17, 2008 at 12:36 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Anna-Lys- Thanks sweets. Glad you liked it.

Imogen- You can steal always steal from me. Actually, not always, but often.

A.decker- Pedestrian road rage? Hahaha... I love that! Let's start a self-help group.

And yeah, sure you can shuffle on Windows Media Player. Be creative.

Zee- Ich bin scho sit meh als foif Mönet wieder i de Schwiiz- ich han gmeint, du wüssisch das? Es isch eifach wieder emal Ziit gsi, echli zrugg zu de Wurzle... aber die ganze Gründ und Überlegige uf z zähle würd jetzt da wahrschindlich doch echli de Rahme spränge...

November 18, 2008 at 7:26 AM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Beuttina
Are we going to meet up on GR20 Corsica this summer of 2008? (yes, yes)

:-))

November 18, 2008 at 4:17 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ha ha ha ... I love it. Death by Eels ...ewww! Rather you than me Betts.
I too suffer from Pedestrian Road Rage- I wish to purchase a cattle prod. They sooooo deserve it.

November 18, 2008 at 7:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

i decided to let my life play on random this morning. i've been leaving post-its wherever i go, so i can find my way home again.
i wrote on one note: i drank a cup of coffee here. on another (stuck to a parking meter): watch out because sera is going to back up her car now. on a third note (left on a store window): i like your hat.
but then i realized, leaving notes behind isn't really random, is it?
you can put the random into the girl, but you can't take the control freak out. *sigh*

November 19, 2008 at 6:41 AM

 
Blogger kyknoord said...

At least you'll go out in style.

November 20, 2008 at 5:05 AM

 
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm going to steal this. Cracking up.

November 20, 2008 at 10:43 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey,

I mostly visits this website[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url]Plenty of useful information on bettinasbravenewworld.blogspot.com. Do you pay attention towards your health?. Let me show you one truth. Research displays that about 70% of all USA grownups are either fat or weighty[url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips].[/url] Hence if you're one of these citizens, you're not alone. Its true that we all can't be like Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie, Megan Fox, and have sexy and perfect six pack abs. Now next question is how you can achive quick weight loss? [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss[/url] is not like piece of cake. You need to improve some of you daily habbits to achive weight loss in short span of time.

About me: I am blogger of [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/lose-10-pounds-in-2-weeks-quick-weight-loss-tips]Quick weight loss tips[/url]. I am also mentor who can help you lose weight quickly. If you do not want to go under difficult training program than you may also try [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/acai-berry-for-quick-weight-loss]Acai Berry[/url] or [url=http://www.weightrapidloss.com/colon-cleanse-for-weight-loss]Colon Cleansing[/url] for effective weight loss.

March 22, 2010 at 6:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home