Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Monday, February 19, 2007

Rebel with a soft heart



That's me at work. My smile wasn't quite as big as that though today- it's been a long and busy day. I said to one of my collegues at one stage: "Can you please just make sure you don't leave any heavy blunt objects laying around near me? Because I wouldn't want to hurt anyone." Of course I'm just kidding. Peace is my middle name and if you haven't done your work, don't worry about it, just leave it to me. I will gladly do it, and that of your friend and your friend's dog as well. And then I'll put together a business masterplan, do the roster, massage everyone's feet, employ a few new people, make sure everyone is happy, counsel those who are not happy, do someone else's work, smile, answer 53 e-mails, meet a few clients and make coffee for you and your friend's dog. Was that a soy half strength decaf? And don't hesitate to call me at home if you have any problems- I'll be more than happy to come in and do a few more people's work.

Sorry what? Yeah, that was meant to be sarcastic. It's really not that bad, or at least it's partially my own fault, because I take on too much responsibility, much to my friends' and my mum's discontent. Anyway. Seeing that my brain is feeling quite lame tonight, I thought I'll leave you with someone elses inspirational ideas. So here's Bettina's stolen thought of the day:

It is not worth an intelligent man's time to be in the majority. By definition, there are already enough people to do that.
G. H. Hardy (1877 - 1947)


Good point. I'm one of those people who likes to do things differently just for the hell of it. Yeah, bit of a rebel in disguise. But a rebel with a soft heart.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl and do it your way ... another great photo btw ...

February 20, 2007 at 2:11 PM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

Linda, I'm very glad that after a busy day at work, you still had the time to stop for a beautiful smile (for the camera!) ;)
I hope that things cool down a bit for you at work. Not too much though, we don't want things to get boring!!! I know what I'm talking about...
Beijao!!!

February 20, 2007 at 2:12 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Depending on the person, my middle name is sometimes Peace Off haha :)

February 20, 2007 at 11:27 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweets,

Hope today's been better for you :)

I know exactly what you mean by "taking on too much responsibility". I do it all the time too and the bitch is most people will never even thank you for it (not to mention that some will even blame you for not taking good enough care of their s***.. :roll: )

Keep your chin up (kinda like I'm doing this morning -on my final day in the office..)

Talk soon :)

February 20, 2007 at 11:58 PM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

The majority is simply a statistical function of the natural and normal deviation that makes statistics possible in the first place. In other words, be different or you'll kill statistics! Botz dusig...

February 21, 2007 at 6:25 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Aggs- Thank you.

Paulinha- Obrigada linda. Te amo.

SJ- Hahaha! That's a good one.

Imogen- You don't happen to be a virgo, do you?

EM- Nicely said.

February 22, 2007 at 12:22 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I want my feet massaged. Where is the sign up list?

February 26, 2007 at 9:02 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good words.

November 11, 2008 at 9:57 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home