Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Thursday, March 22, 2007

Don't throw up, Mikey

My sarcastic friend Mikey (here in a drunken photo with yours truly) says that it makes him want to throw up when I write one of my "life is so beautiful" posts. Yeah, he's a charming man. Not very subtle. But I love him to bits. Because I know he appreciates me. Apart from when I write sweet stuff. He can't handle it because he wishes his life was so beautiful too. I told him that and he admitted it. We've got a fantastic relationship. One day we might have our own company together somewhere in New York. We might get married too sometime. He's very smart and he's cute too. He's gay, but that doesn't really matter.

Anyway, the reason why I'm going on about this is that I felt like writing one of the "life is so beautiful" posts a moment ago. But then I thought about Mikey and how this would make him throw up and I wasn't so sure anymore. What about if he is in an office with a group of people while he reads it and then throws up all over the desk? That would be really embarrassing for him. Or, even worse, he could be in the middle of a presentation and gaze at my blog while his clients discuss something and then throw up all over his laptop and everyone would be disgusted and walk out and he would not get the project. That would be really bad and I would feel really guilty.

So all I'm going to mention now is that I feel good today. Although life is very busy, but we all know I'm a sucker for being busy. I won't say much more, for Mikey's sake. That's my way of telling him that I love him. That bastard.

14 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

For twenty grand I'll negotiate the marriage. Ten minutes with me, he'll forget he's gay.

Um, wait - I'm not sure that came out right haha :)

March 22, 2007 at 4:45 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

What's the deal with you and negotiating marriages? I can see you're starting to obsess over this. What's going on. Talk to me.

And yeah... that didn't come out right. Are you trying to indicate that you beat up gay guys?

March 22, 2007 at 6:06 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I, too, wish my life would be different and that's exactly why I'd have loved one of your "life is so beautiful posts"...
Maybe next time???

March 22, 2007 at 8:31 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Make him puke, because life is good.

March 22, 2007 at 10:03 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Haha no I don't beat up gay gays. And I guess I just need a new career and you're the perfect place to start playing ;)

March 23, 2007 at 5:28 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

In the old days gay meant happy. Just thought I would point that out.

So it that why you are not in the market for a husband. You are secretly already engaged?

March 24, 2007 at 6:11 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Seriously though. He is a way talented web designer.

March 24, 2007 at 6:19 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Maybe she isn't on the market for a husband because she - um - wears soft shoes too ;)

March 24, 2007 at 8:11 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You got it Betts ... stay unattached. It's the only way to go. All the nice ones are always already taken anyway.
Although I would consider Chris' proposal as he is planning a large Polygamist compound where we can all live in peace and harmony together. lol! (And cater to his every whim of course)
I'm sure he'd let you bring the very happy friend!!!

March 25, 2007 at 9:26 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Imogen- Don't worry my dear, when Mikey is not watching I'll slip in a super sickeningly sweet "life is so beautiful" post. It'll be so sweet that you will feel sick for the rest of the day. I can't wait. But don't tell Mikey!

Mystic- I will again some other time, don't worry.

SJ- So I'm your guinnea pig for a new career trial, hey? Hmmm...

Chris- No, not really. But he is very talented. And funny. Usually.

SJ- Soft shoes? Is that Scaramouchian slang? Not in Bettina's dictionary unfortunately.

Aggs- Yeah, I've heard about that Polygamist compound but somehow I'm not so sure about it. It sounds dodgy to me. I might give that a miss.

March 27, 2007 at 6:03 PM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

He sounds like a wonderful person. Just my kind of guy.

I would like to point out that I turned 30 yesterday. My pubic hair fell out over night. I almost puked.

But my friend, the minister, gave me a pear trea. I called it Elias Birnbaum.

March 27, 2007 at 6:39 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Haha yeah. It goes along with girls who eat carpet ;)

March 28, 2007 at 5:07 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mikey- that's terrible. I feel for you. I made such an effort not to make you puke and then your pubic hair falls out. That's not fair.

I love Elias Birnbaum. Where are you going to put him though?

SJ- Alright... I see where you're going with this. And the answer is no.

March 29, 2007 at 9:23 AM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

Elias is getting nice spot on my new balcony, in my new apartment. The one I'm moving into in automn. Huge four-bedroom, two baths, two floors etc. Unfortunately I have to share it with two young queens. One would have thought at my age one would be able to afford a palace like all by oneself's salary. Damn.

April 6, 2007 at 3:58 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home