Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, February 25, 2007

Lisa

My grandmother passed away a few days ago. She was very dear to me, one of the most important people in my life. She was also one of the people who most influenced my life. An amazing, very spiritual, very gentle and wise person, full of love and light. She taught me so much. Her and me had a very strong bond. I cannot imagine not having her in my life anymore.

I'm dropping everything here and flying out to Switzerland tomorrow Monday for a couple of weeks. I'm feeling sad and homesick and want to spend some time with my family. I feel like I'm never there for anything- babies get born, people get married, people die, and I'm always far away. This time, I want to be there with my family, grieve with everyone and say good bye properly.

8 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

Safe Journey Bett. You have my deepest sympathy for your loss. If I can offer any comfort let it be this, she lives in and through you. If she was the most influential person in your life, she did a wonderful job because you too are a wonderful person. She lives on in your heart thus she will never be far from you. Be at peace as she is also.

February 26, 2007 at 5:11 AM

 
Blogger Jan said...

Though we cannot hug thouse precious ones who passed away we are in touch with them as they are parts of us.

February 26, 2007 at 7:23 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I am sorry for your loss. I am sure it will be great to see your family again.

February 26, 2007 at 9:07 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Sorry to hear this, Bettina. All the best and take care :(

February 27, 2007 at 5:29 AM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

How can words capture grief? How can text document the torn garment of the lives of you and your family? And times does not heal, you somehow get used to it. Worte fassen es nicht. Es tut mir sehr leid. Eine sichere Reise heim.

February 27, 2007 at 8:21 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sorry to hear of your loss. Good for you to take the time to go home and share with your family through this sad event. Part of saying goodbye is to celebrate the life of the one who has left and you are best able to do that with others who knew her.

February 28, 2007 at 1:51 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Many thanks for all your kind words. I have arrived in Switzerland safely and it`s good to be here.

February 28, 2007 at 9:32 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey sweetie,
Hope you got to read my response to your last comment. If not, let me say -once again- how sorry I am for your loss :(
Glad you made it home safely...
Will look forward to welcoming you back.

March 6, 2007 at 9:02 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home