Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Eight things that will make you happy



1. Drink more red wine



Not only is red wine the holy juice, tastes bloody fantastic and makes you feel all warm and fuzzy inside, it is also good for you. Or, as my good friend Ashley says, "if a glass of red wine is good for you, imagine how good a bottle must be." I like his way of thinking.








2. Get obsessed with something

I love getting obsessed with stuff, it is so much fun. I'm obsessed with belts, Leabrook wines, blue cheese, music, magazines, coffee, shoes, banana-raspberry smoothies, my rose-scented body lotion and bookshops. Try it with some objects of your choice. It's good.





3. Practise randome acts of kindness

Smile at a stranger. Tell the check-out lady you love her hair. Cuddle your dog. Give your friend's teddy a pat on the back. They might be freaked out, but it feels good.







4. Buy a scooter

Believe me, when it comes to having fun you just cannot go past scooters. They are toys for grown ups. They will make you scream with laughter and feel like a child all over again. To increase the fun factor, you might want to try to ride inbetween cars to the front of the lane and when you get there, laugh and wave at the cars which are stuck in traffic.



5. Be irresponsible

I just decided this morning to go on a one week snowboard holiday with five friends in New Zealand at the end of August. It's going to cost me an absolute bloody fortune, will probably financially ruin my life and I had to promise the travel agent my first born child to pay for it. But who cares? I know this is something I will always remember. And looking back onto my life in ten or twenty years' time, what will be more important: an unforgettable week of fun and amazing memories or a bit more money (and a stupid first born child)? See.

(By the way, this method of making decisions can get you into trouble. But if you don't mind, it's a lot of fun too.)


6. Dance like a maniac


It's scientifically proven (by me) that dancing makes you happy. Especially if you don't care how you look when you do it. So go absolutely insane, shake that bootie, spin around the room like a maniac and dance your ass off so much that you scare little children and small animals. It's liberating.





7. Have some chocolate cake

Starving yourself or depriving yourself of everything will admittedly make you skinny. But it will also make you grumpy and I say life is too short for that. Chocolate cake makes you happy and happy makes you beautiful. So go ahead, have another piece. You know you want to.





8. Be childish


Being childish is good for you. Kids have more fun. They don't give a rat's ass about what other people think. Play a trick on your brother, wear a pair of underpants on your head, giggle like a child in the bus with your friend or attack your boyfriend from behind when he's not looking and throw him to the ground. If he's got any sense of humour, he will agree that it was funny.

14 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

I want the cake...you go dance. You went and made me hungry..

June 27, 2007 at 7:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Where/when in New Zealand? Come and say Hi on your way passing through! Have a fun/fun holiday.
Know what you mean about the dancing ... shook my booty at Latin Dance Aerobics again tonight. Yeeha!

June 27, 2007 at 9:08 PM

 
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

:) thanks for the cheer! Yesterday I wore my pink Betty Boop pajama top to work.. it made me laugh...

June 28, 2007 at 4:14 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

The Holy Juice???
*laughs*

Is that a Michael Jackson thing?

callie

June 28, 2007 at 4:49 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mystic- You can have the cake. But only if you do a little dance too. Sorry, that's the rules.

Aggs- Will be snowboarding in Wanaka near Queenstown from the 26th of August to the 2nd of September, I am so excited! This will be my first time in NZ- can't believe I haven't made it before. Would love to stop by on the way but not sure if I'll have time- you are in Auckland, right?

Katie- Thank you for dropping by! You would have looked so cute in a pink Betty Boop pyjama top, hahaha! Good to hear you make yourself laugh too sometimes. I also tend to entertain myself. :-)

Callie- Sure. The holy juice. What's wrong with that? Stop laughing! And what about Michael Jackson? Me not understand the connection.

June 28, 2007 at 9:17 AM

 
Blogger Lélly Abranches said...

except for the chocolate cake, I do it too... I think that's why I'm happy!!! By the way, the wine, the obsession and the scooter are soooooooo true!!

June 28, 2007 at 10:27 AM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

I love how this post is so colourful!!! That's beautiful!!!
I agree with all your eight points...but number 7 will have to wait until Saturday hehehehehe...

June 28, 2007 at 12:11 PM

 
Blogger Rick Rockhill said...

oh this is a GREAT post! I love to obsess over things as well. I agree- drink more wine! And eat more chocolate cake...

June 28, 2007 at 2:30 PM

 
Blogger Callie said...

Thats what the media *claimed* Bettina. That he lured children by offering them Jesus Juice...The Holy Juice....

callie

June 29, 2007 at 3:29 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mi- I know that you know what's good for you. Which is stuff like wine, scooters and dancing your ass off! Must be the virgo-scorpio combination. :-)

Paulinha- Obrigada! Yep, there will be lots of number 7 on Saturday. And lots of number 1, 5 and possibly some 6 and 8!

Palm Springs Savant- Thank you. I can see you are a man of style. :-)

Callie- Ahem. Well in light of that, it might have not been the most fortunate choice of words... hahaha!

June 29, 2007 at 12:30 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wanaka is lovely Betts. You'll have a ball. Wrong Island for me, but hopefully I'll get down to the snow too ... at some point. Enjoy.

June 29, 2007 at 10:46 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I used to love winter sports but where I live is not conducive to that. All I have left is my hockey stick. I have never have been snowboarding but I have skiied in Japan and Norway. Bahamas Bobsled Team sounds good about now. And I was not being Cheecky.

June 29, 2007 at 11:02 PM

 
Blogger Edward Twat said...

I like to combine drinking the wine and riding the scooter but the 'police' tell me it's wrong. Talk about lightening up...

Bu the way, I like this site. It is warm. I like warm. I have therefore linked you so please come and visit my new site :)

And keep the updates coming :)

June 29, 2007 at 11:15 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Aggs- Thank you. Hopefully it won't be the last time for me in New Zealand.

Mystic- You should go skiing in Switzerland sometime- it's the best!

Edward- Hi and welcome to Bettina's brave new world! Thank you for dropping by. The police tell you combining wine and scooters is wrong? They must have no sense of humour.

July 1, 2007 at 1:05 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home