Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Help me, doc

Excuse me, is there a doctor in here by any chance? Because I've got a question. The thing is, I think I might have developed some form of physical reaction to studying. Is that possible? Please don't say no, because I can clearly see it's happening. The symptoms are overwhelmingly obvious. As soon as I think about studying, I start to feel tired and sick and get the most excrutiating headaches. Sometimes I even get aggressive and feel like screaming and hitting people over the head with a book. Now it's clear to me that under those circumstances I cannot study without endangering my health. But the question is, is it an allergy to study or a violent reaction to stupid assignments? And are there any tablets I can take or anything? And meanwhile, can I get a doctor's certificate for this? Because this is serious.

11 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

I am a Doctor. Just remove your clothes - I'll need to examine you first... ;)

August 16, 2007 at 1:36 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

You look like a dodgy kind of doctor to me, Mr Jones. I don't know if I trust your doctoring abilities. I might give that certificate a miss this time, but thanks anyway. ;-)

August 16, 2007 at 6:06 PM

 
Blogger Paulinha said...

Hey gorgeous, relax!!!! It´s your last semester, it won´t heart that much... :-)
I hope you are well. I´m with the girls now in Fortaleza. We have some dangerous plans for the weekend ;-)
Beijos and take care.

August 16, 2007 at 11:04 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

I could be just the medicine you need ;)

August 17, 2007 at 1:22 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I'm holding your cure in my hand right now...it begins with the letter D...



It's a DIPLOMA! What were you thinking?

August 17, 2007 at 12:34 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Grit your teeth and turn up for the lessons and sleep through them. They'll pass you just for turning up.
It's just a bad case of overstudy malaise ... t'will pass.

August 17, 2007 at 1:04 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Paulinha- Hi there! You're in Fortaleza with the girls, I'm so jealous! I was just e-mailing with Oscar before and said how cool it would be if we all had a reunion! Tell me about those dangerous plans... :-) Love B x

SJ- And why do you think that?

Mystic- I was thinking Diploma too! What were YOU thinking?

Aggs- You're probably right. And not long to go now, I can't wait.

August 18, 2007 at 9:09 PM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

This reaction are well-known since long time ago ... since Gutenberg invited the art of book-making.
It is a healhy affective system against content of knowledge that You don't see any need for (right now).
I recommend a self-teraphy by reading more blogs instead until You have moved this aggressions to the blogs .... and longs for your books and studies.

I call this "medicine" change of objects ... and have many years of practice ... concerning men ;-)

Dr Phil-Lys

August 19, 2007 at 6:04 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Hahaha, I love your advice, Dr Phil-Lys! I will set to work straight away. More blogging sounds like my kind of therapy.

August 19, 2007 at 9:35 PM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

:-D

Keep it up!

// Dr. Phil-Lys

August 20, 2007 at 6:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your look says it all (get that book away from me!!!)

August 27, 2007 at 3:52 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home