Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Tuesday, July 10, 2007

I'm a fag hag, so what?

I fell in love with a gay guy on the weekend. His name is Garry, with two r. Which is a bit weird, but it's ok because he is pretty cool. No, I'm not talking about the "I love you so much I want to marry you and have kids with you" kind of love. More the way you fall in love with a pair of shoes or a new car. Which works out much better for me, because he has a boyfriend. And he's gay.

I was out at a night club with a group of friends and I started talking to Garry and his friends outside when I was having a cigarette. He told me that I was gorgeous and added straight away: "Don't worry, darling, I'm gay!" Yep, I already had a sneaking suspicion. He and his friends ended up spending the rest of the night with us and we had the best time. I felt really comfortable around him and he made me laugh so much. We exchanged numbers and he invited me and Michelle to come for a barbeque sometime at their house. He sent me a text message the next morning and I sent him one back. I think we are just meant to be.

Me and gay guys just got it going on. I love hanging out with them because most of them are hilarious and a bit eccentric and they love shopping and talking about love and checking out men and they are great cooks and groovy dancers. They are men, yet I don't have to think about whether they might just want to get into my pants. Gay gays are cool. I’ve got loads of gay friends in Switzerland, including my best male friend Mikey, and a few over here too.

Yep, I'm a fag hag. And proudly so. Now would you excuse me, we've got some Cosmopolitans to sip and some excessive dancing and bitching to do, darling.


Meant to be: Yours truly with Garry on the left and Campbell on the right

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

That's cool. Isn't great when you just click with people and they "get you" without it having to be all explained to them!
My lovely gay neighbour left me his cat when he moved house. So we sort of have shared custody (his from a distance) and he still phones me to see how she is doing. And me too of course! lol!

July 10, 2007 at 9:24 PM

 
Blogger Callie said...

Hehehehe...Ask Gary if you have upgraded from Fish Status since he thinks you are gorgeous... It's a gay terminology.... Just ask him..LOL

I love you my friend...
PS.
like you needed Garry to tell you that... I always knew it.

July 11, 2007 at 12:05 AM

 
Blogger Lélly Abranches said...

I love been a fag hag. It's like having a girl friend but in a very eccentric way!
He was lovely and I'd love to catch up with them sometime soon!!
Beijos

July 11, 2007 at 12:38 AM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

Garry and I use exactly the same pick up line...."you're gorgeous...don't worry I'm GAY"...it's only later do they realize I meant I'm happy.

July 12, 2007 at 1:10 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Aggs- You've got shared custody of the cat? You mean the cat has shared custody of you. I didn't think cats let anyone tell them anything.

Callie- Fish status? I have no idea what that is but I'd better be upgraded from that! It sounds not good.

Michelle- Go the fag hags! Maybe we can start a club.

Jerry- Right. So how is that pick up line working out for you? I bet the girls loooove being tricked.

July 12, 2007 at 1:31 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

OK so it doesn't work...what pick up lines ever work?

July 15, 2007 at 1:30 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Jerrster: just for your info ... the ones that have an OMG gorgeous straight guy attached to them!

July 15, 2007 at 2:45 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm so glad Callie told me to read your blog. You have a positive attitude about everything.

July 18, 2007 at 10:28 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Thank you, Seraphine, that's very sweet of you.

July 18, 2007 at 6:34 PM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Its my dream to be a fag hag!!!

July 25, 2007 at 10:51 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Less chance of unintended pregnancy, too!

Do you like lesbians in male bodies? Just curious.

August 5, 2007 at 11:17 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home