Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Thursday, July 12, 2007

July declared "Let Yourself Go" Month by Shape Magazine

Who says the media is all about bad news? I was delighted when The Onion -America's finest news source- reported today that July has been declared "Let Yourself Go" Month by Shape Magazine. The women's fitness magazine apparently called on readers to have some more fun and stop being boring and obsessive. "You've toned those abs and burned the flab in time for bikini season... Now it's time for a meatball sandwich," wrote Shape editor Barbara Harris. "Come on, live a little. Don't be a tight-ass with a tight ass. Eat, lounge, and slouch your way to a happier, more satisfied you."

Features in the issue apparently include "Girth Equals Mirth: Six Sure-Fire Techniques For Broadening That Belly," "Wrinkles: The More You Have, The More You've Lived," and "Reduce Unwanted Stress By Not Giving A Fuck."

Now that's something we can all aspire to. As far as I'm concerned, I'm totally down with that. I have decided to celebrate "Let Yourself Go" Month in style. Who's with me?

13 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

I'm twenty years ahead of you. Oh Crap you said month...dang!

July 13, 2007 at 8:54 AM

 
Blogger Lélly Abranches said...

Ops, was it only a month? I've been doing it in the past year and it's fun!! I worry a bit in my daily life when comes to food and my weigh but nothing that stresses me or take more than 20minutes of my day!!
Let yourself Go month is the best!

July 13, 2007 at 12:12 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you!

Anyone for some cheesecake?

July 14, 2007 at 4:54 AM

 
Blogger SJ said...

I'm all for this. Let's make it a year :)

July 14, 2007 at 5:54 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like the bit about reducing stress by not giving a fuck!
Yes, I relate totally to that!
I'm in ... lol!

July 15, 2007 at 2:46 PM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

Hello Dear Bettina

Sorry for the lack of music. It was hard enough by a small phone line from the Swedish Open Tournament :-)
Anyhow I am sorry ... and have since a couple of days played for You ;-)

Not Tennis, but music *lol*

Hugs

July 16, 2007 at 4:30 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mystic- Years, month- what does it matter? As long as you're having a good time.

Michelle- We can easily declare the whole year Let yourself go year. Fine by me!

Lily- Yes please, I'll have a big piece, thank you.

SJ- Done.

Aggs- That's my favourite too.

Anna-Lys- No problem. I will head over to your site in a sec and check out the music. Thank you! Hugs

July 16, 2007 at 9:52 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a great post, Bettina. It's like having a "Let your breath out" day. Your readers seem to respond to it. We've been holding our breath for too long. Who had the cheesecake?

July 18, 2007 at 10:22 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Hi there Seraphine, and thank you for visiting! Welcome to Bettina's Brave New World.

Let me see, I should have some cheesecake left in the fridge- mango, lemon, rasperry or white chocolate? Mhhh, I just made myself drool. :-)

July 18, 2007 at 6:18 PM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

I think any lifestyle that leaves you feeling deprived of something will - in the long run - fail, and you will catapult into overindulgence of the things you felt deprived of. So, get on the psychologist's couch and tell me everything you feel deprived of...lol.

July 19, 2007 at 12:30 AM

 
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Oh HELL yes I'm with you!

July 19, 2007 at 10:11 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I confess I got all excited reading Aggies comment. Naughty language does that to me.

August 5, 2007 at 11:16 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

August seems to be my "let yourself go" month (summer holidays now past us and everything) ;)

As for the ""Reduce Unwanted Stress By Not Giving A Fuck" article, could someone scan & mail it over???

August 27, 2007 at 3:09 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home