Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Wednesday, September 05, 2007

The return of Bettina (with a few bruises)

Ladies and gentlemen, boys and girls, I'm back! Who knows if anyone gives a rat's ass but I quite like being under the illusion that I have been missed terribly, that my return has been awaited eagerly by everyone and that your lives have been empty without me. So go on and tell me some sweet lies, my dear friends. I'll pay you later.

My holiday was absolute gold- we had the time of our lives. The transition from fun filled holiday back to the real world however was a bit rough as reality picked me up straight from the airport and kicked me in the guts. And then topped it off with a little slap in the face just to make sure that I knew I was definitely back. Isn't that thoughtful? I was home Sunday night at about 8pm, unpacked my stuff, did some laundery, had some food and then proceeded to work on two uni presentations which were scheduled for Monday and Tuesday until 1.30am.

Work has also been somewhat insane and I'm still working through the 1.5 million e-mails and messages that have piled up while I was away. But enough of the complaining now. I had a absolutely fantastic holiday so obviously it seems nothing but fair that I need to be punished for it now. So please keep it going, dear reality, don't hold back. I can handle it.

For some of our legendary holiday stories and a little photo display of our craziness, check back here in a couple of days.

17 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad to hear you had a ball ... and I will await the stories and photos with eagerness.
Durn & drat you forgot to collect me on your way through!

September 5, 2007 at 5:13 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

I for one am very pleased you're back....I was getting a little annoyed coming to your blog every day and being reminded you were out loving life somewhere....glad to hear you only are a little bruised...you know I'm one of the one's who worry.

Glad you're home safe and sound.

September 5, 2007 at 6:44 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oo Yeah Pictures! Lucky Us! So pleased and WAY jealous you had a wonderful time.

Cheers to You, Lovely!

September 6, 2007 at 12:25 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

How could we not miss you, you are such a large part of our daily routine. Glad you had a blast. Awaiting your pics...

September 6, 2007 at 1:43 AM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Well I missed you!! I visited every day to see if you were back... Waiting...worring.... ;)

September 6, 2007 at 1:48 AM

 
Blogger ysfb said...

I remember one time I got back from vacation I was hating the fact that I had to go back home to work and school. So when I passed by my place, I kept going for about an hour then decided I had to come back. I kept thinking I was supposed to feed something.

September 6, 2007 at 5:07 AM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Did you bring me a white chocolate Cookie Time Cookie? :)

September 6, 2007 at 5:54 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

You Wook Mawverwous dahling!

callie

September 7, 2007 at 3:31 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Aggs- Sorry, I only remembered when I was home already! I'll pick you up next time. :-)

Jerry- Thank you. No need to get annoyed anymore- now I just love life at home... :-) It's quite touching that someone who I've never met worries about me.

Blither- You should be jealous. ;-) But remember that I'm being punished severely now for having been away for a week, so it does kinda even out. :-)

Mystic- Thank you, that's very sweet of you. Photos are coming up shortly!

Kate Michele- No way, did you really? Awww... (and as I said, I'll pay you later)

You sick bastard- Yeah, feeding something at least would give us a legitimate reason why we would need to go home. Going back to work and uni is not really quite as convincing.

SJ- Ahem... sure. You can pick it up from Australia, which would be just around the corner from you. ;-)

Callie- Haha.. thank you, my dear!

September 7, 2007 at 10:11 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Welcome back!

September 7, 2007 at 1:44 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

now...what up...with the bruises...baby?

September 7, 2007 at 3:06 PM

 
Blogger mardymichi said...

And again, I didn't get a fucking postcard. Nor did I ever get a reply to my question about when you will be back where you belong (your mutha and I are very determined about that).

September 7, 2007 at 10:26 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Welcome back :)!
(and for the record, I truly did miss you & your crazy little posts ;))
Looking forward to all the holiday pics and stories...

September 8, 2007 at 5:34 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know you have some great stories about your "bruises" so I'll definitely revisit. In the meanwhile, welcome back, Bettina.

September 8, 2007 at 6:22 AM

 
Blogger ANNA-LYS said...

God ... I've missed YOU!!!!

... close Your eyes
and enjoy your weekend
(at a safe place)


I know a couple of "Bruces" as well, but I only collide with one at a time ;-)

September 8, 2007 at 5:30 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Michi- Nobody got a postcard. And since we're getting a bit touchy, I don't recall ever getting one from you, my dear friend. And I'm still planning to come back in about Feb or so. Which you knew. You bastard. Can't wait to see you.

Imogen- Awww, thank you. I'll pay you later.

Sera- Thanks for stopping by Sera. I hope you're feeling better.

Anna-Lys- Really? You sound so convincing when you say that. Can you say it again? :-)

September 11, 2007 at 10:02 PM

 
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

So wonderful to have you back!

September 11, 2007 at 10:10 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home