Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Wednesday, November 01, 2006

The brand-new queen of doing fuck all


I cannot believe I finished uni for the semester. Yesterday at quarter to six. Had to be at work at six, so was rather flustered (and starving and late and with helmet hair and no make-up) and it didn't quite sink in yet. But this morning I slept in and then woke up with this great feeling of peace. I can do whatever the hell I want. I almost forgot what that feels like, seriously. Just to have a blank day laid out in front of you with not a bloody trace of guilt- it's exhilirating. I will still be working five to six shifts a week, but without uni work, that's an absolute piece of cake.

I made myself a strawberry banana smoothie and wasted the first one and a half hours of my day fantasizing about all the things I want to do that I haven't been able to for a while. I even made a list. It contains things like "sleep all day and watch movies" and "buy three different newspapers and sit in a cafe all afternoon". I also made a list of things I have to do, but that list sucks big time and I'm thinking about throwing it away.

Anwyway. Now I might go to the gym. Or get a haircut. Or meet a friend for lunch. Or watch talkshows on TV and scratch my bum. The world's my oyster.

20 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

So we can expect a new post every day then! Excellent.

November 1, 2006 at 4:09 PM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

One tip: when you buy the three different newspapers, they should each be a different (very different) language, say French, Chinese, Tagalog, or Russian, for example.

November 2, 2006 at 8:55 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So we don't get the photos of you scratching your bum then? Oh well ... lol
Great for you to have some blob out time at last. Hope it's REAL GOOD! You earned it, enjoy.

November 2, 2006 at 9:48 AM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Dude, we have the same keyboard and same screen. Must be fate haha :)

November 2, 2006 at 7:05 PM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

like you hair - the beehive is coming back, oderrrrr?

November 3, 2006 at 12:02 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

That is a great "queen" photo. I like it. LOL!

November 3, 2006 at 6:01 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

SJ: Now, now, don't be greedy, ok? I'll be so busy doing fuck all that I can't guarantee a post every day... lol!
The keyboard and screen is actually at work- but yeah, sure, it could still be that we're soulmates... ahem. ;-)

Mark: Thanks for the tip with the newspapers. I like to mix it up a bit. :-) And yes, the beehive is certainly coming back! I do a great beehive! Almost like in the fifties.

Aggie: Lol! I thought that photo was a bit more appropriate than one of me scratching my bum...

November 4, 2006 at 5:53 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Hmm... how about every second day then? :)

November 5, 2006 at 9:23 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Love the doo...Queen of what? Get out the bar of soap...college kids these days. Enjoy your time off...Bum scratching..is that an Aussie sport? You know..the down under olympics so to speak....

November 6, 2006 at 9:59 AM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Beard

November 7, 2006 at 3:13 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hows the queening going?

November 8, 2006 at 2:11 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

I hear the Queen blogs every once in a while... *cough*...

November 8, 2006 at 6:28 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Stop giving me a hard time, ok? I'm still sooo busy going through that list of things I've never had time for... I slept ten hours last night. That's gotta be close to a new world record. So give me some credit here, ok? I'm going to get to the blogging part... soon.

November 9, 2006 at 6:32 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Oooooh, saucer of milk, table 3...

November 10, 2006 at 5:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Always a clown around somewhere...

November 10, 2006 at 5:05 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

Its not her fault that she has a life and friends and stuff and the rest of us do not...

November 12, 2006 at 8:33 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Thank you Chris. I'm glad someone takes my side for once.

November 12, 2006 at 9:02 PM

 
Blogger Chris said...

I confess though, when I saw the title to this post I got very excited, but I think perhaps I mis read it?

November 12, 2006 at 10:06 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

I think you definitely mis-read it.

November 14, 2006 at 2:31 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lucky you...All I can do is look forward to Xmas!

December 14, 2006 at 10:13 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home