Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, September 09, 2007

Seven nutcases in New Zealand. A little travel story.

And they're on the road! First stop for brekkie on the way from Christchurch to Wanaka. All seems to be just wonderful. However, we have already had one girl kicked off the plane (as she was on standby) and catching up with us later, one suitcase left behind by the airline, traces of cocaine found on one girl's handbag (although she has never tried it in her life) and the dramas are not quite over yet.

Next up: Matty cops a speeding fine. We're thinking that's about enough now. And thank God it is. The rest of the holiday is all sweet songs, choclate cakes and fluffy kittens.

And the trip continues... G Lama and Teeny Weeny share a moment.


Our new home for the next week! Stunning, with spa, sauna, fireplace... of course, only the best will do for us.

Our little G Lama is enjoying a port while she tells a story involving two little girls, overdrive and some kind of disease... I think. Fascinating.

Vegging out after a day of snowboarding... good times.

Snowboarding! I didn't realise how much I missed it... We were on the slopes every day from 9am to 4pm without fail. Oh bliss. No broken bones or bad injuries, thank God. But I did bring home a few good bruises.

Beautiful New Zealand.


It's a bit like Switzerland, only different.



My birthday dinner, lovingly cooked by my wonderful holiday crew.

The girls are getting ready for a night on the town.

Take us to where the party is rockin' Mr Taxi Driver!

It's my birthday and we'll dance til the morning comes yeah...


Snowboarding was quite painful the day after my birthday... but that didn't deter us from going out again a couple of days later to bust some more moves on the dance floor.

Group photo with hats.

Time to go home. Another road trip back to Christchurch. I can't believe the holiday is over already.

No, I'm not pregnant, I just ate well this week, ok?

Handing in the car. The holiday is over. But the next one is planned already. We're thinking Canada or Switzerland.

17 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Men on the trip? That's disgraceful before marriage...

Give Canada a miss. They're all bastards.

September 10, 2007 at 12:26 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Fun! Great pictures. This story wouldn't be the same without the pictures. Looks like an adventure well done!

Cheers Bella!

September 10, 2007 at 1:30 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I've broken the code: BIG SUNGLASSES hides bloodshot eyes..

September 10, 2007 at 4:19 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmm, my word that place looks somewhat familiar! It's like Switzerland, only different. Lol! I told my family that about Switzerland when I was there. It's like N.Z. only different. Ha Ha Ha!
Looks like a great time had by all and what a way to celebrate the birthday huh! Cool.

September 10, 2007 at 9:04 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

SJ- We are disgraceful. And we love it! :-)

Blither- Thanks sweets. We did have one hell of a good time.

Mystic- Of course not, why would we have bloodshot eyes? We don't even like alcohol. (Why is my nose suddenly growing so long?)

Aggs- I told you, great minds think alike! :-) I love your country- very beautiful.

September 10, 2007 at 10:03 AM

 
Blogger Lélly Abranches said...

You had so much fun!!! it's great B!!
I might visit you guys in Canada if the next trip is in about 2 years!! hehe I'm dying to go to Canada!!
Beijos linda

September 10, 2007 at 10:07 AM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

What a bunch of HOTTIES you all are!!

FUN FUN.... ok now i'm jealous. :D

September 10, 2007 at 11:07 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Michelle- Yeah, I'm so glad I decided to go! That was definitely money well spent. And yes please, do come to visit us in Canada! We might even get you on a snowboard.

Kate Michele- Look who's talking. :-)

September 10, 2007 at 6:19 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

So this is how the Beautiful People Live? It's not just fake like on TV. Looks like fun.

September 10, 2007 at 11:50 PM

 
Blogger Callie said...

Oooooooo!!!! LURVE IT MAMACITA!!!
You should have stopped by to visit Pete in New Zealand....

Never the less, I am so happy you had a great BIRTHDAY!!!

Love you,
callie

September 11, 2007 at 5:25 AM

 
Blogger Jackie said...

Hi!

I would've gotten back to you sooner if I were more responsible in several areas of my life. Thanks so much for stumbling upon my dusty corner of the Internet. I'm glad you enjoyed it. Come back any time so long as I can poke around yours as well haha. It looks good, btw!

September 11, 2007 at 8:04 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Jerry- Thank you, but we're really not that beautiful. You should see us when we get home at four in the morning. Or when we get up after a big night. Not pretty.

Callie- Thanks sweets. I think you should come with us next time. I could see you on a snowboard. :-)

Jackie- Responsibility is overrated. Nice to see you around here! Feel free to poke as much as you like.

September 11, 2007 at 9:53 PM

 
Blogger Katie McKenna said...

Ya'll look beautiful, fun and wild! I enjoyed seeing all of these pictures, thank you!

September 11, 2007 at 10:12 PM

 
Blogger qsoz said...

Hey,

"Ich will dir mein Herze schenken" is the first line to a song in Bach's St. Matthew Passion. I'm guessing Herze sounded more musical than Herz to Bach.

Qsoz

September 12, 2007 at 12:39 AM

 
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

You girls all look so glamorous and sophisticated and the boys all look kind of slobbish, what's up with that?

September 13, 2007 at 1:57 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Too much fun, and I love the yellow head scarf. It looks awesomely beautiful there.

September 13, 2007 at 4:15 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Cindy-Lou- The problem is that us girls are THAT glamorous that really there are no boys that can keep up with us. Apart from gay ones.

September 20, 2007 at 9:10 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home