Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Saturday, January 26, 2008

Hi. My name is Brucina. Nice to meet you.

Tomorrow is Australia Day and at 9.30am I'm officially becoming an Australian citizen by taking the pledge at a citizenship ceremony. After the ceremony, we'll come back to our place and have Champagne and homemade muffins and ham and cheese croissants. We'll probably move down to the little park between our house and the river to have lunch and drink more Champagne in the afternoon. I might also have a few gin and tonics. I consider it my duty as a new Australian to drink like one- of course.

It's half past one at night and I'm sitting at my laptop with earphones, singing the Australian national anthem. Only quietly, so as not to disturb anyone. I need to practise a bit before I sing it tomorrow. I'm so excited.

And here is a before and after shot of me. Before and after being Australian, I mean:

One of my friends has decided to start calling me "Brucina", now that I'm going to be Australian.

10 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

That is one beer mug. My best to you and may your day be truly filled with joy. Have a great time and maybe someday we can throw a few shrimp on the barbee or however you and your mates say it!

January 26, 2008 at 4:38 AM

 
Blogger SJ said...

Congrats! You won't regret it... best country in the world! :)

January 26, 2008 at 5:12 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

Congrats Beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!

Send me Crocodile Dundee for my birthday gift.
March 3
Do it. Now.
LOL

callie

January 26, 2008 at 6:20 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I suppose Bettstrine would be too much of a mouthful ... duly pronounced with a good ole Orstralian accent.
Enjoy yourself ... have another beer and I'll raise me glass to say "Happy Orstralia Day" and "happy becoming an ocker day".
Congrats and Cheers mate!

January 26, 2008 at 1:37 PM

 
Blogger ysfb said...

Now you can say "The Dingo Ate You Baby".

January 27, 2008 at 3:29 AM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

blondie bettina is HOT.

January 27, 2008 at 11:29 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

ok just so you know, singing while wearing earphones is never "quiet". It may sound quiet to you, but everyone ten flats away can hear.
You might have to share your muffins and gin next time.

January 29, 2008 at 6:37 AM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

COngrats girl!! and ditto on Jerrs comment :D

February 2, 2008 at 1:25 AM

 
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

Very cool. Congrats!

February 5, 2008 at 3:35 AM

 
Blogger Cindy-Lou said...

Can I have some beer?

February 7, 2008 at 7:41 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home