Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Wednesday, January 09, 2008

How Bettina learnt a lesson from a little boy

I hate being unemployed. I wish I could get myself to enjoy the free time, but it's a struggle. Which is pretty strange, considering I usually value my free time like a precious treasure. But being on holidays is worlds apart from being unemployed. I feel like I should be job-hunting around the clock or else I feel guilty. I realise this is uncalled for and I want to hit myself over the head for being so stupid, but I don't think that would help either.

I went for a long walk in the rain this morning, which was lovely. It only rained a tiny little bit, which felt as if someone was constantly spraying a fine mist of water into my face and over my arms. Considering it's stinking hot at the moment, it was perfect. When I was almost back at my house, I walked past this older style house with a huge trampoline out the front. And there was this little boy, all by himself, in the rain, jumping up and down on the trampoline relentlessly, as if nothing else in the world mattered. He looked so happy and relaxed that I couldn't help but smile. I stopped and watched him for a while and when I continued my walk, I thought to myself, that's what I need to do. Live in the moment as if nothing else mattered. Because once the moment is gone, it will never come back. I shouldn't be wasting any of my moments with silly worries or wanting to hit myself over the head for no reason.

Maybe I should myself get a trampoline.

8 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I agree ... it's totally fun to bounce about with no cares in the world ... for however long it lasts. The job will come and you won't add one thing to the wait by worrying about it. Put your CV stuff out there and wait for it to come to you ... it's all a matter of timing. I hope 2008 marks the start of a dream job for you.

January 9, 2008 at 4:30 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

This comment has been removed by the author.

January 9, 2008 at 5:24 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

I'm more interested in the thought of you bouncing in slow motion on a trampoline in your little bikini ;)

January 9, 2008 at 8:36 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

sometimes I'm an idiot...yeah live in the moment there is no better advice you can give yourself. (must stop drunk commenting)

January 10, 2008 at 2:56 AM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

Ohhh I love trampolines!! They are the best. But the best is freaking people out by doing flips and shit..cuz they don't expect it from me. :D

You nailed it Bettina: live in the moment. Thats one of the truths thats easier thought than done.. i'm working on it.

January 10, 2008 at 3:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

A boy was jumping on a very wet trampoline. Everytime he bounced, his pants would get wetter, until they hung shapelessly from his hips.
If only my pants wouldn't sag so, he thought, as he watched a girl walking by. He envied the girl, walking alone in the rain, as she stopped to watch him jump.
I worry about my pants falling off, he thought. Stupid rain. Stupid wet trampoline.
I wish I could be more like her, he thought, and live entirely in this moment, relaxed without a care in the world.

January 10, 2008 at 3:32 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Beautiful Bettina- that actually works! Now the next time- ask if it's ok with his parents and him if you can jump along...Yes...I do mean that....

~callie

January 11, 2008 at 2:34 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Sometimes I'm too sensible, too cautious. I should be more like the little boy and look at things from his perspective..Of course if I got on that trampoline I definately would be walking around with my head up my arse.

January 13, 2008 at 12:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home