Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Monday, January 14, 2008

I had the strangest dream last night.

I was standing on the bottom of a ramp leading out of a large underground car park. In front of me was a long mini bus which seemed to be somehow stuck on the ramp, with another car right in front of the mini bus. I was pushing the mini bus from behind, trying to stop it from rolling back into the car park. I seemed to be holding both the mini bus and the car in front of it, which had rolled back onto the mini bus. Someone else was watching me. Both of the cars seemed to be empty.

After a little while, I had no more strength to support the two cars and had to give up, let go and jump out of the way. I was stressed and felt scared about letting the cars go, but thought that I might be lucky and the cars would maybe only roll back a little bit into the car park and come to a halt. They did roll back slowly, but I realised that they rolled towards an expensive, yellow sports car, which was parked in the middle of the car park and was leaking petrol. Alarmed and petrified I looked at the person who was watching me and without saying a word, we both sprinted away from the scene as fast as we could. The mini bus had now reached the sports car and gently bumped into it at a slow speed. However, as soon as the two cars touched, they both caught on fire and a huge explosion followed, which turned both cars into a massive ball of fire and swallowed them up completely.

I was horrified and felt sick with guilt. I knew I had failed in preventing this terrible accident. When I woke up, I still felt guilty and had the same feeling in my stomach I get when I hurt someone unintentially.

8 Comments:

Blogger MYSTIC said...

So your the one who burnt up my new little sports car. Thanks for being so honest. Don't worry though, it was insured! I never liked Yellow anyway...

January 15, 2008 at 5:45 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Thank you for being so understanding. I never really thought the yellow car suited you anyway. Red would be much better.

January 15, 2008 at 4:10 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aren't freaky dreams the best! You have no control over them, but when you wake and find it's just been a dream there is a HUGE sense of relief.
(If you see a yellow sports car in the next few days ... run!)

January 15, 2008 at 7:03 PM

 
Blogger SJ said...

I've been having sex dreams recently. Seriously, every night for the past week - different person each time... some I don't even know. It's most confusing :)

January 16, 2008 at 3:47 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I sometimes have the sense of losing control also. If one has control, accidents and explosions don't happen; at least, we like to think they don't happen to us. But they still do.

Maybe by imagining the worst in our dreams, we grow strong enough to overcome the bad things that happen in our 'real' life.

I hate unintentionally hurting people. Even worse though is intentionally hurting someone. If somebody intentionally hurts you, it makes your heart cold. Nobody survives an explosion like that completely undamaged.

I don't mourn for the yellow car. I think yellow cars are ugly.

January 16, 2008 at 3:57 AM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

Oh you know my weakness...RED!

January 16, 2008 at 7:31 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok......did you eat before bed time? are you stressed? Did you perhaps do something that may have hurt someone feelings but you didnt know it? OR

are you just having a moment and need a hug?

*HUG* hope you feel better princess.
~c

January 17, 2008 at 2:36 AM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Aggs- That feeling of relief is the best. It's the only time when the biggest mistakes can be undone and people who died can be made alive again!

SJ- You poor thing. That must be terrible for you.

Sera- I think you hit the nail on the head- I probably do fear that I'm loosing control over my life a bit, because I'm unemployed for the first time in years. And you're also right about yellow sports cars. They are about as ugly as it gets.

Mystic- Same here! Did you know that red motorbikes (and probably cars also) are 17% quicker? That's why my scooter is red (and also because I love it).

Callie- Thanks for the hug, lovely. That's better.

January 18, 2008 at 12:58 PM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home