Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, June 22, 2008

I've got a confession to make.



I admit it, I'm a slut. Not just any slut though, I'm a festival slut. But if you think that I will now spice up your day with a few saucy little stories of how slutty I get at festivals, then it might come as a bit of a disappointment to you that I'm not actually a slut who goes to festivals. No, it's more that I throw myself at festivals the way sluts throw themselves at men. That's right, I'm a sucker for festivals. And seeing that I have left Australia right at the end of the festival season to arrive in Europe pretty much at the start of it, I'm as happy as a pig in the mud.

Speaking of mud, I'm going to Glastonbury this weekend. For a festival lover like me, Glastonbury is like the mother of all festivals, the uber-festival, the one I've always wanted to go to. And I don't even care that the weather Gods seem to hate Glasto and have decided to pour rain on it every year and turn it into a gigantic mud pit- nothing can curb my enthusiasm. I am so damn excited that I am reduced to the state of a small child the night before Christmas. And that I can't sleep tonight, although I have to catch a plane tomorrow morning early to go to London where I will meet my friend who's coming with me.

Of course this means that you lot out there will have to do without me, while I listen to Kings of Leon, Groove Armada, Fatboy Slim, Massive Attack, Panic at the Disco, Band of Horses, Sinnead O'Connor, Joan Baez, Xavier Rudd, Ben Folds, Manu Chao, Crowded House, Martha Wainwright, The Verve, Audio Bullys and about a thousand other bands. But I'm sure you can deal with that and won't be envious, right? I won't be long- I'll be back in about a week, and I might have some stories. And maybe even some photos of the slut throwing herself at the festival.

11 Comments:

Blogger Oberon said...

.....i'm a slut too.

June 23, 2008 at 9:59 AM

 
Blogger Chris said...

My middle name is "Festival".

June 23, 2008 at 6:44 PM

 
Blogger Callie said...

Hope you have a blast. DOn't get too soaked. Take tons of pictures!

June 24, 2008 at 7:54 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are some of my fav bands! LUCKY~~~
It's better being a slut than a butt. I hope you have a wonderful time, and mud washes off so don't worry about it. It's good for your skin anyway.

June 25, 2008 at 5:07 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have a grand "slut fest" you gad about Europe person! I am turning green!

June 25, 2008 at 8:20 PM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

have fun, be safe and OMG large crowds disturb me....I get claustrophobic in a foursome. funny how 3 is just fine....now who is the slut???

June 26, 2008 at 2:28 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Have fun babe!
Looking forward to the anecdotes and pics ;)
xoxox

June 26, 2008 at 6:49 PM

 
Blogger Maria said...

So jealous... sounds amazing! Have an awesome time.. found you over at Aggie's blog... May the rain God's shed sunshine and happpppppppinesssssssssssss!!!

M

June 29, 2008 at 2:43 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

I know have to look up the true meaning of the word Slut. How many types are there? How is it used in a sentence? Is it a noun or a verb? What ever the meaning, it has to be special when it is attached to you. I now have a Slut for a blogging friend. Must I use the Proper Name in my description or just the abbreviated form? I knew two names you meantioned in the Musical Groups. I am getting old. Move over George Carlin...

June 30, 2008 at 6:14 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

thinking about the times i had mud all over me, my skin red from the cold, my hair wet and hanging down in my face. it was glorious!

July 1, 2008 at 2:36 AM

 
Blogger Euromark said...

Looks like lots of people, but why the sunglasses at night? Hiding evidence, ey....lol. This is a mountain top experience that can give you strength later when nothing is going you way. Cherish it and remember all the details.

July 8, 2008 at 4:36 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home