Just another day in the life of a blessed child

Sunday, February 03, 2008

We are weird.

One of my friends sent me this message on the morning of Australia Day, just before I became an Australian citizen: "G'day mate. Welcome to Australia. Home."

And being able to officially considering Australia home has indeed been great so far. The only problem I now have is the fact that I cannot really complain about Australians anymore. Michelle and I had a chat the other day and I said, "Australians are weird." I paused for a moment, then correct myself. "Us Australians are weird, I mean."

Saying that is definitely not as much fun though. But apart from that, being an Aussie has been totally awesome and stuff. As the kids around here would say.



And that's me, displaying the pride for my new homeland at my citizenship party. If only I knew how to hold the flag the right way around.

12 Comments:

Blogger SJ said...

Great pic... and you are lucky to have such friends. I had no friends or family at my citizenship ceremony :(

February 3, 2008 at 8:58 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Thank you- I am very lucky indeed.

That's sad that you didn't have any friends at your ceremony. I would have come to it. :-)

February 3, 2008 at 11:04 PM

 
Blogger MYSTIC said...

From my angle up here the flag looks fine as does everything else..ONE HAPPY AUSSIE!

February 4, 2008 at 3:45 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love that high-waisted belt on you.
If you turn your head, by the way, the flag is right-side up. It's all a matter of perspective.
Congratulations. It's a great feeling, isn't it?

February 4, 2008 at 4:47 AM

 
Blogger Jerrster said...

cutest Australian I know...and the only one I know...or virtually know I suppose still damn cute!!!

February 4, 2008 at 4:50 AM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Aww, congrats to the New Miss Australian Citizen.
I'll just stand on my head to look at the flag ... it's ok ... I do that for people!

February 4, 2008 at 6:08 PM

 
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Not that we Kiwis are weird like you ozzies or anything ... though!

February 4, 2008 at 6:08 PM

 
Blogger Bettina said...

Mystic- You've got it: I was holding it for my friends who are not down under.

Sera- That's exactely right- matter of perspective. I don't let details like that stop me!

Jerry- Hahaha, that would technically mean I'm also the ugliest Australian you know. As I'm the only one. But I let you get away with it because you're such a charmer.

Aggs- Whether you stand on your head or not, the fact remains that you Kiwis are just as weird as us Aussies! Don't deny it.

February 4, 2008 at 9:33 PM

 
Blogger Kate Michele said...

ADORABLE!!!! Congrates girl...good to feel at home ey?


You look so free...love it

February 5, 2008 at 1:40 AM

 
Blogger Callie said...

We need to do a serious walkabout

~callie

February 5, 2008 at 5:49 AM

 
Blogger ysfb said...

I wanna be austrailian!

February 5, 2008 at 3:09 PM

 
Blogger Mind Sprite said...

After enough beers, that flag looks just fine! Congrats on your citizenship :)

February 6, 2008 at 7:22 AM

 

Post a Comment

<< Home